I love wearing makeup! If I actually had time to beat my face every day I without a doubt would. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. I love it. However, summertime fly can be a real drag when its 90 degrees in the shade. Even in the summer months, I'm not a chic that omits steps from my makeup routine. For that reason, I put together a quick list of tips to keep your beat looking good while baking in the summer sun.
1. If you don't already try using a foundation with a matte finish. Two of the favorites that I use often are Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless, which you can get at any Walmart or drugstore. It's less than $10. The other is the Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation. It is a little more expensive, get it from Sephora. It smells like peaches.
2. If you find some good ones, swap out heavy lipstickz for a lip tint. You could even go with a liquid lipstick.
3. Try using a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation. You still need to moisturize during the summer. This way you don't skip this important step just the extra product.
4. Try using a waterproof foundation. Works great at the pool. A great one I use that's also matte is Lock -It by Kat Von D.
5. Try applying your translucent setting power before a liquid foundation. I've seen this trick on YouTube and tried it in New Orleans. It was fried an egg on cement weather! Well, honey the powered sorta sucked up all the oiliness. It was like an extra layer of protection.
6. Last but not least, do not absolutely do not skip primer or setting spray. Use both. I do every time I put makeup on. Primer gives the foundation something to stick on to kinda like velcro. Setting spray pretty much holds well "sets" the entire look in place.
I've personally have tested each one of these except #3! I told you all I'm a full coverage full face kinda gal. Is there anything you do to keep your summer face from melting? Have you tried any of these steps before, if so which one, and was it helpful?